Premium Finance LP
Thank you for choosing TAGA Premium Finance. We are proud to provide convenient financing options for our agents and their clients. We offer this quality service on almost all TAGA policy premiums.Login
TAGA Premium Finance L.P. Procedures
Finance quotes should be sent with most policy quotes except workers compensation.
- Once received the agent/insured may choose to use the TAGA Premium Finance note or disregard it.
- If the agent/insured chooses to use the TAGA Premium Finance note then it must be signed and dated on both pages of the note by the appropriate party.
- The signed and dated note must then be faxed or mailed back to TAGA Premium Finance with the request to bind policy and the note will be set up.
- The day the note is set up the insured is mailed a sheet of 9 coupons (9 installments).
- The first payment is due 30 days after the inception date of the policy.
- If TAGA Premium Finance does not receive the payment within 10 days after the due date then a “Notice of Intent to Cancel” is mailed out to the agent and the insured.
- If TAGA Premium Finance does not receive payment within another 10 days after the “Notice of Intent to Cancel” is issued then a “Cancellation Notice” will be mailed to the insured, agent and Tejas American General Agency.
Richard SalleyPremium Finance / Claims / Commercial Lines Manager
Richard combined his experience with four insurance associates to form Tejas American. Until recently he was a Commercial Lines Underwriter. Now Richard is currently managing the TAGA Premium Finance Company. He is also responsible for handling claims at TAGA.
Richard worked with a managing general agency starting in 1992 as Personal Lines Manager. During his two-year venture, he set the stage and put the agency on the map as one of the premier farm and ranch insurance writers in the state of Texas.
In March 1994, Richard was promoted to Underwriting Manager for all lines. Under his leadership, Austin Surplus Lines continued to grow and experience its greatest year ever in 1996. Richard held this position until March of 1997.
Richard’s responsibilities included underwriting results and production commitments for all lines. He worked closely with the Administrative Manager and individual department managers under his direction to provide extraordinary service for customers while producing a profit for his companies and the agency.
Prior to the agency field, Richard spent seven years in the oil and gas industry in the position of Insurance and Contracts Manager. He held this position for five years at Bearden Drilling Company and for two years at Burns Drilling Company. Preceding his work in the oil industry, Richard spent six years with Crum and Forster Insurance Company. While at C & F, he held positions that included marketing responsibilities and supervision of one of the largest farm and ranch insurance departments in the state of Texas.
Richard received a Bachelor of Science Degree from Texas Tech University. Since college, he has completed course work in Insurance Principles, CPCU and holds his CIC designation.
Richard is married to Julie and has 2 daughters, Casey and Randi.